• Economy
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Editor’s Pick
Market Gains Updates
Politics

Swalwell demands 2028 Dem candidates vow to destroy Trump’s White House ballroom project

by October 26, 2025
by October 26, 2025

Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., said the next Democratic presidential nominee must vow to demolish President Donald Trump‘s White House ballroom, proposing the pledge a litmus test for the party’s 2028 contenders.

‘Don’t even think of seeking the Democratic nomination for president unless you pledge to take a wrecking ball to the Trump Ballroom on DAY ONE,’ Swalwell wrote on X on Saturday.

Swalwell’s office did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital for additional comment.

For the first time in its history, the White House will have a formal ballroom, a new addition built where the East Wing once stood, a project that has become a political flashpoint as photos of the demolition fuel debate over President Trump’s mark on the historic residence.

On July 31, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt announced the planned construction of a 90,000-square-foot ballroom. The sprawling ballroom will accommodate approximately 650 seated guests and will stay true to the classical design of the White House.

‘The White House is currently unable to host major functions honoring world leaders in other countries without having to install a large and unsightly tent approximately 100 yards away from the main building’s entrance,’ Leavitt said, adding the new ballroom will be ‘a much-needed and exquisite addition.’

Construction on the White House grounds, which began earlier this month, is estimated to cost $250 million and will be financed by Trump and private donors.

The ballroom isn’t the only update. 

Trump has introduced gold accents in the Oval Office and Cabinet Room, a new monument dubbed the ‘Arc de Trump,’ the ‘walk of fame’ with portraits of former presidents, including a photo of the autopen representing former President Joe Biden’s time in office, added stone pavers to the Rose Garden lawn and installed two 88-foot flagpoles.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Jimbo Fisher’s $77M buyout money well spent for Texas A&M. Look at Aggies now
next post
Dodgers left speechless by their $325 million man’s masterpiece

You may also like

Mike Lee calls Schumer’s ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ attack...

February 18, 2026

How did Jeffrey Epstein get rich? Meet Les...

February 18, 2026

Inside world’s top science society’s convention bashing Trump,...

February 18, 2026

Schumer, Dems’ goal is to ‘tie people down’...

February 17, 2026

Mark Kelly eyes 2028 White House run while...

February 17, 2026

House GOP’s razor-thin majority threatens to grind Trump’s...

February 17, 2026

Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly...

February 17, 2026

Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump...

February 17, 2026

Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after...

February 17, 2026

Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...

February 17, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News And Articles.

    Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

    Top News

    Justice Department’s antitrust chief says she’s leaving, effective...

    February 14, 2026

    Cardi B’s cameo in Bad Bunny’s Super Bowl...

    February 13, 2026

    Retail operator of outdoor sportswear pioneer Eddie Bauer...

    February 12, 2026

    Landmark trial accusing social media companies of addicting...

    February 11, 2026

    Trump administration alleges Nike discriminated against white workers

    February 5, 2026

    • About us
    • Contacts
    • Email Whitelisting
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 MarketGainsUpdates.com All Rights Reserved.

    Market Gains Updates
    • Economy
    • Investing
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Editor’s Pick