• Economy
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Editor’s Pick
Market Gains Updates
Sports

Why Chris Paul is ‘at peace’ with Clippers’ decision, next NBA move

by December 10, 2025
by December 10, 2025

There is one silver lining to the abrupt end to Chris Paul’s brief return to the Los Angeles Clippers. He’ll finally get to watch his son play in a basketball game this week.

Watching his family enjoy the game, Paul revealed to People in a new interview, is why he’s ‘at peace’ with the Clippers’ stunning decision to send the 12-time All-Star home from the team in the middle of the night during a road trip in Atlanta. But the 40-year-old point guard is taking a wait-and-see approach in regards to potentially resuming what had previously been announced as his final NBA season.

‘Stuff’s been a little crazy in the past few days – to say the least,’ Paul said in a story published on Tuesday, Dec. 9. ‘But honestly, I’m home. My daughter had tryouts yesterday. My nephew had a basketball game. My son has a game coming up on (Dec. 12).

‘I have never seen my son play a game in person,’ he added. ‘Not a middle school game, not a high school game. So I’m excited about seeing him play.’

What Chris Paul said about Clippers drama

Paul signed with the Clippers this offseason after indicating he wanted to play the 2025-26 season in Los Angeles to be close to his family for the first time since he was initially traded away from the franchise in 2017. He then announced last month he planned to retire after this NBA season.

But Paul wound up making his final appearance for the Clippers on Dec. 1. His return lasted just 16 games and he was averaging career lows in minutes, points and assists while shooting a career-worst 32.1% from the field this season.

‘I don’t regret anything,” Paul said. “I was in Atlanta with a whole bunch of family. It was my last time gonna be playing there. That’s life. The whole thing took on a life of its own, you know? But I’m excited to be back here with my family.’

Clippers coach Tyronn Lue subsequently told reporters Paul ‘wasn’t a good fit’ after multiple reports emerged detailing how Paul’s leadership style clashed with both Lue and other players in the Los Angeles locker room. But Clippers star James Harden expressed confusion and surprise at the separation between Paul and the team, while Kawhi Leonard called the front office’s move ‘shocking.’

What’s next for Chris Paul, Clippers?

The Clippers (6-18) have been perhaps the NBA’s most disappointing team this season compared to preseason expectations, though the franchise noted in its decision to part ways with Paul that it did not blame him for those struggles. The team has yet to waive, trade or buy out Paul’s 1-year, $3.6-million contract.

Clippers General Manager Lawrence Frank said in a statement the team would ‘work with (Paul) on the next step of his career.’ If released by the Clippers, Paul wouldn’t be eligible to sign with another team until Dec. 15.

‘I’m actually at peace with everything,’ Paul said in regards to his immediate future. ‘More than anything, I’m excited about being around and getting a chance to play a small role in whatever anything looks like next.’

This post appeared first on USA TODAY
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Man charged with attempted murder of Jets’ Kris Boyd
next post
Trump says US seizes massive Venezuelan oil tanker as showdown with Maduro erupts into new phase

You may also like

Meet US figure skating’s ‘Blade Angels’ competing at...

February 17, 2026

UConn, SEC continue to dominate women’s basketball coaches...

February 17, 2026

3 landing spots for former Sharks forward after...

February 17, 2026

Tag, you’re it: Franchise tag advice for NFL...

February 17, 2026

Lindsey Vonn says Olympic injury ‘more severe’ than...

February 17, 2026

MLBPA boss’ poorly-timed exit leaves players without a...

February 17, 2026

USA men’s hockey ‘starting to peak’ as it...

February 17, 2026

MLBPA boss stepping down before upcoming labor war

February 17, 2026

Ronda Rousey vs Gina Carano fight set for...

February 17, 2026

Olympic men’s hockey live updates: Four teams take...

February 17, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News And Articles.

    Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

    Top News

    Justice Department’s antitrust chief says she’s leaving, effective...

    February 14, 2026

    Cardi B’s cameo in Bad Bunny’s Super Bowl...

    February 13, 2026

    Retail operator of outdoor sportswear pioneer Eddie Bauer...

    February 12, 2026

    Landmark trial accusing social media companies of addicting...

    February 11, 2026

    Trump administration alleges Nike discriminated against white workers

    February 5, 2026

    • About us
    • Contacts
    • Email Whitelisting
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 MarketGainsUpdates.com All Rights Reserved.

    Market Gains Updates
    • Economy
    • Investing
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Editor’s Pick